2012년 5월 23일 수요일

Reflection: Community Service Feeding Program, continued

Reflection: Community Service Feeding Program, continued

Feeding program in Community service club waas not only once but we planned to go on every Monday. Plus, it was not the only one school that we went to. There were about two to three schools we went for our feeding program. I want to talk about the last elementary school we went to and how I felt about and learnt.

First, it was culture shock. The last elementary school we went to was such a different place. My school "Brent International School baguio" is located at Benguet, Baguio city. The elementary school was not so far from our school and it took only 15min by our school bus.

However, the place was full of small children with no desks, chairs and only one teacher. Plus, there was no other buildings for education but only the canopy. Under the canopy, there were 20 children with ragged clothes. I felt such a difference.

What I have learnt in this school for three years I have learnt about economy was the different level of economy at countries. This situation was just like the school I went to. The school not far from our school was in such a decline. Every children were so skinny and looked starved. I felt that in this small city, Baguio there could be such different places compare to our town.

I wished I could have other supporters to give out food and education for them. If I can get a chance to come to Philippines to help out children like in this school from my future school, I will not hesitate to come and participate.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기