2011년 8월 17일 수요일

Reflection: Soccer varsity team

All that soccer practices made me very tired. To be honestly, it was so hard to keep up two things which were soccer and studying. The day when I had a soccer practice, I could not stay up late to do my school
homeworks.
However, I really wanted to join in the varsity team since grade 10. The one way that helped me to get over the tiredness was sleeping. This may sounds really obvious but it worked. I always went home right after the soccer practice and had a nap for 1 hour. This 1 hour of sleeping was the energy source.
I found out that I could get more energy by sleeping when I am really tired than sleeping when I am not that tired.

To be in the soccer varsity team, I always went to the practice even though there were rainy days. This try out for the varsity team was a new kind of challenge for me because I did not like sports that much and this was my first time of my life to try out to become the varsity member.

Soccer practices gave me great lessons about working together with others. Soccer is not a sport that can be played by one person but with 11 members. I learnt how to communicate with other members.
One important thing that I felt is that there is no language wall in the soccer. Simply, it is not true that a
player cannot communicate with other language speaking students. What I observed was that members
already know what other members will act by showing some body languages or even by looking at the eyes. This activity taught me how to communicate in the soccer. Also, it helped me to read some of the members minds.

Practicing almost every days in a week truely brough me strong physical strength. I could not even run for 2 laps at the first day of the practice but after few weeks I could see myself running with others in the same pace.

After all, I was able to see my name on the varisty member list! I still cannot forget the moment when
I saw my name and the feeling of achieving something that I wanted to have by my own effort.
I think this activity taught me how to work with others and the passion to achieve goals.

댓글 1개: